The application procedure step by step:
- Fill in the online Admission Application and attach required documents within.
- Wait for information if you are admitted or not.
- Pay the application fee and 1st semester tuition fee (cover the bank transfer cost).
- After we receive the payment we will send you an official admission letter (with the official letter you will be able to apply for a visa).
Note: If for some reason you are not given a visa, the University returns the tuition fee.
- Elektroniczna rejestracja kandydata w systemie rekrutacyjnym Admission Application wraz z przesłaniem wymaganych dokumentów.
- Decyzja o przyjęciu lub nieprzyjęciu kandydata na studia.
- Uiszczenie opłaty rekrutacyjnej oraz opłaty za pierwszy semestr studiów (kandydat zobowiązany jest pokryć koszty transferu).
- Po otrzymaniu opłaty Uniwersytet Gdański wysyła pisemną decyzję o przyjęciu na studia (dokument pozwala na aplikowanie o wizę).
Uwaga: W przypadku nieotrzymania wizy przez kandydata, Uniwersytet Gdański zwraca opłatę za pierwszy semestr studiów.
English language proficiency (at least at B2 level according to CEFR) may be certified by following:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma and European Baccalaureate
- Certificate issued by KSAP – National School of Public Administration in Warsaw
- Document certifying an entry into the list of sworn translators
- Secondary school/university diploma obtained from a school/ university where English was the main language of instruction
- Certificates issued by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, IDP EILTS Australia, in particular International English Language Testing System IELTS – above 6 points
- Certificates issued by institutions affiliated with Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) – ALTE level 3 (B2), ALTE level 4 (B1), ALTE level 5 (C2), in particular certificates:
- First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage – at least Pass
- Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher
- Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT)
- Certificates issued by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), in particular:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT) – at least 87 points in Internet-Based Test (IBT)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL CBT) – at least 180 points in Computer-Based Test (CBT), supplemented by at least 50 points from Test of Spoken English (TSE)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT) – at least 510 points in Paper-Based Test (PBT) supplemented by at least 3,5 points from Test of Written
- English (TWE) and supplemented by at least 50 points from Test of Spoken English (TSE)
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) – supplemented by at least 700 points
- VIII. Certificates issued by the European Consortium for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Languages (ECL)
- Certificates issued by the City & Guilds, City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications, Pitman Qualifications Institute, in particular:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level;
- International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) – „Communicator” level, „Expert” level, „Mastery” level
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Communicator (B2) 500/1765/2
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Expert (C1) 500/1766/4
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Mastery (C2) 500/1767/6
- Spoken English Test (SET) for Business – Stage B level „Communicator”, Stage C „Expert” level, Stage C „Mastery” level
- English for Business Communications (EBC) – Level 2, Level 3
- English for Office Skills (EOS) – Level 2
- Certificates issued by Edexcel, Pearson Language Tests, Pearson Language Assessments (PTE), in particular:
- London Tests of English, level 3 (Edexcel level 1 Certificate in ESOL International)
- London Tests of English, level 4 (Edexcel level 2 Certificate in ESOL International)
- London Tests of English, level 5 (Edexcel level 3 Certificate in ESOL International)
- Certificates issued by Education Development International (EDI), London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board, in particular:
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) – English for Business level 2, English for Business level 3, English for Business level 4
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) – Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE)
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) – English for Tourism Level 2 – „Pass with Credit” level, „Pass with Distinction” level
- Certificate issued by the University of Warsaw Coordination Board for Language Proficiency Certification
- Certificates telc GmbH, WBT Weiterbildungs-Testsysteme GmbH, in particular:
- B2 Certificate in English – advantage
- B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes – advantage
- Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2)
- telc English B2
- telc English B2 Business
- telc English B2 Technical
- telc English C1
Certyfikaty uprawniające obcokrajowców do aplikowania na studia prowadzone w języku polskim
1. Dyplom ukończenia rocznego kursu przygotowawczego prowadzonego przez:
- Międzynarodowe Centrum Kształcenia Politechniki Krakowskiej
- Studium Języka Polskiego dla Cudzoziemców Politechniki Wrocławskiej
- Studium Języka Polskiego dla Cudzoziemców Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego
- Centrum Języka i Kultury Polskiej dla Polonii i Cudzoziemców Uniwersytetu Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej w Lublinie
- Centrum Języka i Kultury Polskiej dla Polaków z Zagranicy i Cudzoziemców “Polonus” Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego
2. Certyfikat znajomości języka polskiego wydany przez Państwową Komisję Poświadczania Znajomości Języka Polskiego jako Obcego
3. Certyfikat znajomości języka polskiego wydany przez Uniwersytet Gdański - informacja
4. Dokument potwierdzający ukończenie studiów wyższych prowadzonych w języku polskim
5. Świadectwo dojrzałości uzyskane w polskim systemie oświaty
Nostrification can be done by the Education Office appropriate for the place of residence of the applicant and if there is no such place, for the official seat of the institution where the applicant is going to submit the certificate (Polish: Education Office in Gdańsk | English (translation): Nostrification Process).
If you have not submitted nostrified secondary school certificate/diploma, you will be obliged to have it recognized in Poland and deliver it to the University of Gdańsk until the end of the first semester of studies.
Nostrification of a certificate or a level of education or the right to continue education is not necessary in case of:
- certificates or other documents issued by schools operating in educational systems of EU, OECD or EFTA members, which allow access to higher education institutions in those countries,
- International Baccalaureate diplomas,
- European Baccalaureate diplomas,
- certificates issued in countries with which Poland has signed bilateral agreements concerning the recognition of education (list of bilateral agreements).
If you do not have a nostrified diploma you must provide the following documents:
a) Legalized original or copy of the certificate obtained abroad with translation into Polish made or certified by the Consul of the Republic of Poland holding an office in the country where the certificate was issued.
The document should be legalized by the Consul of the Republic of Poland holding an office in the issuing country.
If the diploma was issued by an institution established in the country which signed the Hague Convention, the applicant shall submit the application with the original certificate or its duplicate, or its notary attested copy with an apostille stamped on or attached to the document (if a notary attested copy is submitted, the applicant should show the original certificate or its duplicate to the nostrification body).
b) If the high school diploma has no confirmation that its holder is entitled to apply for admission to tertiary studies at any type of higher education institutions in the country whose educational system includes the issuing institution, the applicant should enclose such confirmation of entitlement issued by:
- educational authorities of the country where the certificate was issued, or
- diplomatic representative body accredited in the Republic of Poland or the consular office of the country where the certificate was issued, or
- the consul of the Republic of Poland holding an office in the country where the certificate was issued.
The documents (p. 1a, 1b) shall be submitted with their translation into Polish made or certified by the Consul of the Republic of Poland holding an office in the country where the certificate was issued.
In order to apply for Master Degree studies you must be a Bachelor or Master Degree Diploma holder. You should provide the following documents:
1. Nostrified Bachelor or Master Degree Diploma
2. The original Bachelor or Master Degree Diploma - legalized by the Consul of the Republic of Poland holding an office in the issuing country.
- If the diploma was issued by an institution established in the country which signed the Hague Convention, the Committee will request the applicant to show an apostille appearing on the original or attached to the document.
3. Transcript of records
Documents outlining the course of studies, in particular a transcript, student’s book/records, grade sheet, diploma supplement, or a diploma thesis.
4. Secondary school certificate
The documents (2-4) shall be submitted with their translation into Polish made or certified by the Consul of the Republic of Poland holding an office in the country where the certificate was issued.
One of the following:
- An insurance policy against illness or accidents covering hospital treatment, for the period of studying in Poland
- A European Health Insurance Card
- A written declaration [click to download: Polish | English] that you will insure yourself in the National Health Fund (NFZ) immediately after you commence the studies.
1. Permission from legal guardian to study (underage applicant)
In case of underage applicants the permission from legal guardian [click to download: Polish | English] to study at the University of Gdańsk is required. Permission has to be certified by the Consul of the Republic of Poland.
2. Curriculum vitae
In Polish or English
3. A passport copy
The page with your picture and personal details and the page with visa.
4. 4 recent color photos
(37 mm x 52 mm): full-face photo on light background